Compose. Choreograph. Collaborate!!!
An exciting collaboration with Los Angeles Inception Orchestra (LAIO) and Young Choreographers Project is starting this summer! Join us as Young Choreographers create an original dance with music that LAIO’s Young Composers create. We cater to all levels, Ages 8-18. Our curriculum is designed to bring students face-to-face with industry professionals and to teach the collaborative nature of the composition and choreography process. Students will work with mentors from both organizations.
Limited spots are available.
The program is from June 25th – to August 21st.
- Choreographer Group Classes are on Sundays from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM PST.
- Composer Group Classes are on Saturdays. (Time TBD.)
- Weekly one-on-one mentoring schedules will occur based on both Mentor and Young Choreographer’s schedules.
There will be opportunities to attend and participate in your partner’s group classes and mentoring sessions.
All YCP classes and mentoring sessions are virtual. Class materials will be available through Google Classroom.
Who Can Apply?
- Participants must be 8-18 years old to apply.
- All styles of dance are welcome. Some experience creating dance is suggested.
- Participants must attend all online sessions and one-on-one mentoring sessions.
How Much Does it Cost?
Tuition: $50 per student
Scholarships are available for applicants who require financial assistance. Email Irene.Watson@ycpla.org for more information.