Coming February 2022!
A one-of-a-kind choreography and mentoring program where dancers of all levels and backgrounds take a deep dive into creativity, self-expression, and community.
Dance Choreography Intensive for Teens is Young Choreographers Project’s flagship 8-week program. We invite teens ages 13-18 years old to join us to learn how to explore new forms of self-expression and creativity through choreography and dance. During this fun and unique program, we match each student with a professional choreographer who guides them through creating an original dance piece. At the end of the eight weeks, students will showcase their work at a final performance for friends and family.
Choreography Program Details
Who Can Apply
- Participants must be 13-18 years old to apply.
- All styles and levels of dance experience are welcome. You do not need dance experience to be a Young Choreographer.
- Participants must attend all sessions and the final performance. (Approximately 4 hours per week. Check back for program dates.)
Dance Choreography Intensive for Teens 2022 will take place between February 2022 – April 2022.
- Program and scholarship application period will take place from November 2021 to December 2021.
- Accepted applicants and scholarship winners will be announced in December 2021.
Get notified when applications are open by entering your email below.
World-Class Instructors and Mentors
Professional dancers and choreographers lead Dance Choreography Intensive for Teens from all over the world. Each mentor brings a unique set of skills and creativity to the program, providing students with various new concepts and dance styles to explore.
Watch the video below to learn what Zoey has to say about working with her mentor, Friidom.